Thursday, June 23, 2011

Area A

After 2 days of rest we decided to head out to Area A in Mt. Evans.  The snow situation in the park is keeping us from heading up there and a break was needed from Lincoln Lake.

My goal for the day was to try and do No More Greener Grasses V12 on the Dali boulder.  After a quick warmup I scoped the holds and laid pads down underneath NMGG.  I knew if I made it through the hard second move that I had a really good chance at flashing the boulder.  After the hard second move there are only a few more crimp moves and a committing jump to the lip before you top out.  I pulled off the ground, got the right hand just right and was able to snag the good left hand edge.  Once I hit the next good right hand edge I prepared to give 100% on the big move to the lip.  Luckily, I was able to snag the lip and was able to top out first try!  SO psyched to be able to do this boulder quickly.  I've wanted to try it for the longest time and flashing it was a dream come true.

No More Greener Grasses V12 - Photo: Nathan Drolet

No More Greener Grasses V12 - Photo: Nathan Drolet

No More Greener Grasses V12 - Photo: Nathan Drolet


Another goal of mine for the day was to try and work out the moves on Ode to the Modern Man V14.  I surprised myself by falling off the jump move to the sloper on my third try.  This happened a couple more times before I put a hole in my finger and was forced to tape up.  Things didn't go quite so well after the tape went on and I only made the difficult match move a couple more times before calling it a day.  I'm really psyched to get back out to this one and hopefully we can catch some cooler temps in the morning sometime next week. 



Ode to the Modern Man V14 - Photo: Nathan Drolet

Ode to the Modern Man V14 - Photo: Nathan Drolet

Ode to the Modern Man V14 - Photo: Nathan Drolet

Ode to the Modern Man V14 - Photo: Nathan Drolet

Ode to the Modern Man V14 - Photo: Nathan Drolet

3 comments:

  1. Sweet photos! The Dali boulder is beautiful to look at, not too many holds, relatively flat face profile, great angle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you guys are having a great trip and proudly repping the south.

    ReplyDelete