Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lately Happenings and Arkansas Vid

Not much has been happening the last few weeks.  Since my return from Arkansas I've been climbing in the gym and heading out to some local spots when I have a break from school.

One thing I've noticed lately is that its hard climbing in the same areas after you've done the climbs that fit you well...all that's left are climbs that are really hard for you or climbs that just aren't that appealing.  I've been trying to stay psyched but its difficult to do when you get your ass kicked everyday you go out.

I've been trying the uber classic Biggie Shorty Extension Reverse Traverse a.k.a. BERT for the last few LRC sessions.   Its climbs exactly how it sounds.  Start on Biggie Shorty and climb left into where the extension starts.  It might not be a proud, independent line but it is actually really fun and it climbs  well.



BERT V11 - Hayley Watts photo

BERT V11 - Hayley Watts photo



Today I decided to switch it up and head to Cumberland, which is an area I hadn't had the chance to visit before.  I was super psyched to try a few of Chattanooga's classic roof problems that are located out there.  Temps were in the low 60's so it wasn't the best climbing weather, but it was really nice to not freeze while resting.  I had a pretty productive day and ended up completing Gross's Roof V11, Big Gulp V10, Slurpee V9, and Seven Eleven V9 before the day was over.  I felt like I was in a slump for a while there so I'm hoping that this means I've made my way out of it.

Below is a video I threw together of our trip to Arkansas a few weeks ago as well as some photos from the last few days.  Enjoy!



Cold in Arkansas from Brad Weaver on Vimeo.






Nate Draughn on Innovation V9

Nate on Innovation V9

Nate on Dragon Slayer V12

Rami Annab on Dragon Slayer V12

No comments:

Post a Comment