Tuesday, January 18, 2011

AR Trip

Well, winter break is over and the spring semester has started. I had a great break from school and decided to finish it right with a little trip to Arkansas last week. Nate Draughn, Rami, Jimmy, and I left for our 8 day trip last Saturday. The beginning of the week was FREEZING. Highs in the lower 20s made for slow mornings and climbing required a small fire in order to keep warm.


Nate on Chunk - Rami Annab Photo


My main goal for the trip was Chunk up the Deuce V12 and after a few days of work Nate and I were able to piece it together. Super psyched to have this one done...it is the epitome of what a hard problem represents to me and the fact that it is not in my style made it even more fulfilling to complete. Other than that I was able to do a few classics in the area including Buddy V10 flash, Kneeling Before Power V10, Tang V10, Typhoon V10, 52 to 1 Cardeck V9, Moondye V9, Fat Boy Deluxe V8, and Orbital Mechanics V8.

I have a little bit of video from the trip that I haven't had a chance to mess with but as soon as I get to it I'll be sure to post it.   Until then, here's a video Jimmy put together of our 8 day stay in Arkansas...



8 days in the AR from Jimmy Webb on Vimeo.


I'm hoping to make it back to AR sometime in February as well! Unfinished boulders to complete before it gets warm again!

1 comment:

  1. if you can, please include the footage of fat boy deluxe low and 52 to 1 if you make an arkansas video - thanks

    ReplyDelete