Friday, October 1, 2010

Triple Crown!!!

The first leg of the Triple Crown Bouldering series kicks off this weekend in Boone, NC at Hound Ear's. I am SUPER psyched for it! Climbing, hanging out with friends, food...can't get much better.

My little 'strategy' for this weekend was a little different from what I normally do. I usually climb hard during the week before a comp and then take two days off in hopes of feeling really good on comp day. This either works well or completely backfires...I'll usually feel good or feel completely wrecked from the previous week. I've decided to switch it up a bit and I hope it works out for me. Instead of pushing myself this past week, I've been taking it a little easy leading up to the comp in hopes of being completely fresh and at the top of my game by Saturday.


Rami on Sunday Service V11


I'm hoping all the bouldering and training I've been doing for the past 8 months will pay off as well. This is the longest time I've ever spent bouldering exclusively, and is a major switch up from all the route climbing I've done in the past. I feel much better prepared going into bouldering season this year than I have in the past and I am excited to see the gains from all the dedicated gym sessions this summer.

Temps are looking PRIME for this weekend too. High of 65 tomorrow and sunny! Can't wait! I'm OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment