Friday, September 17, 2010

First of the Season!

The past week or so has been pretty busy for Hayley and me.  Saturday I attended the ABS season opener at Stone Summit here in Atlanta.  I was expecting it to be pretty busy but I definitely wasn't prepared for the huge number of people that came out to take part in the fun.  It was fun competing and climbing with friends.  I wound up taking 2nd place behind Jimmy and I even ended up taking home a little cash.

Right after the comp Hayley and I hopped in the car and took off for North Carolina for our friends' wedding.  After driving through rain and fog we arrived safely at our destination.  The wedding on Sunday was a great time and I couldn't be happier for our friends Natasha and Peter.  Congrats!  It was a fun filled couple of days and it was great seeing old friends again.

After the festivities on Sunday came to an end, we once again hopped in the car and made the short drive to Boone, NC to meet up with our friends for a couple days of climbing.  I had only spent one day climbing in North Carolina prior to this weekend at last years Triple Crown comp and was super psyched to get back to check out some of the other areas Boone has to offer.

Our large crew consisting of Hayley, Devin, Nate Draughn, Rami, BClev, Tilley, Doug, Taylor and a few others cruised to Grandmother, Lost Cove, and Blowing Rock over the course of two days.  The climbing around Boone is amazing and I am super psyched to get back ASAP.  I managed to do a few problems including:

Shinister V6
Chapter 13 V7
Two Pop V9
Portobello V9
Full Throttle V11
Sunday Service V11

I threw together a little video of the trip.  Check it out...


First of the Season from Brad Weaver on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. Sick work on Sunday, can't believe you held that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. driving pretty fast there pearl. 70 mph. god damn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as you can see, our truck doesn't like hills...

    ReplyDelete