Monday, August 30, 2010

Top 10 Movies To Get Me Through The Summer

So I finally got outside for the first time since March!  OHHH BOY!  It might not be prime yet but getting out was a much needed break from climbing indoors for 5 or 6 months.  Hayley and I heard that a couple friends were putting on a Slope n' Slide (think giant slip n' slide) event at HP40 and we were psyched to be in attendance.  Although I didn't participate in the slippery portion of the event I did have a great time running around trying to repeat problems in the heat!  Things went better than expected and it makes me even more psyched for the good fall conditions to roll in.

Photo: Hayley Watts

Photo: Hayley Watts


Right now we are back in Illinois visiting family.  We leave Sunday to go back to GA for a few days then we are off to North Carolina for our friends' wedding.  On the way back we are planning on sampling some of the climbing in Boone.  Definitely looking forward to it!


This summer was pretty crazy with school and work and I never really had the chance to get outside (or wanted to for that matter due to the heat).  In between the gym sessions, school work, and work I kept myself busy searching the internet for climbing videos as well as watching videos I own on DVD.

Below is a list of MY TOP 10 FAVORITE CLIMBING VIDEOS that held my interest throughout the summer.

1.) Between the Trees - my all time favorite climbing film

2.) Progression - South Africa segment

3.) Dosage V - Arkansas and Alpine bouldering segments

4.) Dosage IV - Hueco segment

5.) Nalle Hukkataival in the bouldering short Could Be Worse


6.) Angie Payne on No More Greener Grasses -

7.)  Brion Voges in Colorado
8.)  Hueco Rock Rodeo Clips
9.)  Phil Schaal in Hueco
10.)  Daniel Woods in Colorado

Obviously there are other videos out that are more than worthy...these just happen to be in my top ten.  Check them out if you get a chance. Maybe they'll give you that extra little bit of motivation to get through the final warm weather months.


8 comments:

  1. sick list, wish you had put this out in June

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks George....better late than never though right!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just picked up Between the Trees and it is fantastic. Nalle's stuff and Keith's stuff is very similar and anti-Big Up. Not a lot of short segments or interviews or jumping around, just climbing, climbing, climbing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about the rock rodeo vid with Kevin Jorgeson ???? EASILY top 5 ! DUH ....

    Jweb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Between the Trees gets better every time I watch it.

    Kevin Jorgeson vid is pretty dope but not one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brad, for real?
    You are missing the best vid on the internet yo! Shit has been keeping me psyched all summer and the dude is crushing in the heat!

    Check it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBObvssWNWk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice video list. Progression is definitely a favorite of mine--the boulderfields in Africa look sick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favorite (apart from between the trees, which is in another league):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoCJ9WTMdUY

    ReplyDelete