Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fall is Approaching!

This is by far the most amount of time I've spent climbing indoors.  Even when I lived in Illinois I would brave the heat and humidity and take day trips to Southern Illinois for a day of bouldering.  School took up the majority of my time this summer and I have to say that I'm glad its over.  I had a two week break after my last final and classes start back up today.  UGH!  It never ends!  All is good though.  Fall is upon us here in the south and psych is high.  Everyday the temperature and humidity seem to drop a little bit more.  The cool temps and crisp conditions will be here before we know it.

I've had my ticklist prepared for about a month now and it always seems to be growing.  I'll randomly think of another problem that I want to do this season and it'll get added right underneath the last one.  Right now I think I have 42 problems on the list.

I've been in the gym climbing and preparing for the winter season a lot lately and I feel like I'm in the best shape I've ever been in.  I've really been working my weaknesses and I hope it pays off.  Pinches, big moves, and power problems have been the name of the game for me.

I signed up for the first two events of the Triple Crown Bouldering Series and can't wait to see how things play out this year.  I won't be attending the last event at Stone Fort because I'll be in HUECO!  So psyched!  Can't wait! 

Like I said, conditions are getting a little better everyday and it seems that fall is around the corner.  Motivation is high and I'm really looking forward to stepping outside one morning to cool, crisp temps.  BOOM! 

7 comments:

  1. Why not make the ninja/cash grab trip back to Stone Fort like JWebb did a couple years ago???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't justify spending the cash to fly back to climb at LRC when I know JWeb will do EVERYTHING in the field this year and take the cash. Plus there has been talk of other VERY strong climbers attending the comp this year. It will be interesting to watch everything play out if this actually happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave really needs to come down this year; he never has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "VERY strong climbers?"

    WHO???

    Now I'm even more excited....

    ReplyDelete
  5. if by strong you mean those of us who phoga...
    thanks for the shout

    ReplyDelete
  6. have you ever been to utah to rock climb Bradley???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Utah is amazing! Can't wait to get back!

    ReplyDelete