Friday, May 21, 2010

Quick Update

I've been super busy lately so updates have been few and far between.  I finished up the spring semester and have moved on to my summer classes.  Between school and work I've had a hard time finding time to climb and I think it will be that way for the next month.  Fortunately, the guys at So Ill sent me one of the new Iron Palm hangboards.  I had been looking into getting a new hangboard for a few weeks and decided to drop them a line to see if I could get my hands on an Iron Palm and they were nice enough to hook it up.

I've had two sessions on it so far and I gotta say that it is a sick piece of training equipment.  My focus has been on building contact strength and the big slopers and comfortable edges are helping me do just that.  Jason Kehl really went above and beyond on this fingerboard and hopefully I'll be seeing some gains from using it here soon.


I think it is safe to say that summer has arrived in the southeast.  The heat and humidity are a real deterrent from climbing outside.  However, as soon as it stops raining for more than a couple of days I'm going to try and make it out to Rocktown to have an endurance session on the hot boulders.  The plan is to go out and see how many boulder problems we can do in the heat...should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment