Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Day in the South

On Sunday Hayley and I met up with our buddy Nathan Drolet in Alabama.  We had decided to visit an area I hadn't been to yet that had a number of classics that I was psyched to try.  The weather was perfect...the air was cold and crisp, it was sunny, and the high was 55.  Nice.

First on the list was Big Poppa, a super classic V8.  The climb consists of gymnastic sloper moves up a nice tall face.  I was able to flash and Nate ended up doing it very quickly.  From there we played on The Boss V11 and The Main Event V12.  I couldn't pull either one of them off but I am psyched to return.

After that we made our way to Ninja Camp Low V9 and Bread Loaf Factory Low V10.  I was able to do them both pretty quickly.  Nathan looked solid on both but was wrecked from the previous day or two. The kid is getting strong and I'm sure he will be back to do them both.  On the hike out I decided to stop at one more problem called Innovation V9 that Jimmy Webb put up a couple months ago.  The climb comes down to tension and after figuring out some foot beta I was able to do this one as well!  Props to Jimmy on the 1st ascent.  Innovation is truly an amazing boulder problem.  Hayley and Nathan were nice enough to break out the camera to get some footage of the day so I threw together a little video.  Enjoy.

A Day In The South from Brad Weaver on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. awesome video! Well edited. well shot. well done. love it! keep it up Son!

    Jon G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks man! glad there are some people who like it. the shooting was all hayley and nate drolet. i can't take credit for it...they did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wicked man.. gangsta style and lovely problems,I realy enjoyed-by the way nice pants:)
    Stay strong

    ReplyDelete