Thursday, February 4, 2010

Projects, Projects

Not much has happened over the last week or so.  I've spent the majority of my time at Rocktown and have been busy with school and such.  I've managed to spend quite a bit of time at Rocktown over the last few years and I still love hanging out on top of the mountain in the quiet, chill atmosphere.  My focus has been set on a problem called Fire in the Mountains V12 that was put up by Jimmy about a month ago.  The line climbs really well and follows a series of powerful pinch and edge moves to the top.  I feel like this problem is REALLY hard!  I have spent two days on the problem exclusively and have yet to do the crux move.  Usually I would have gotten bored and moved on to something else but for some reason I keep wanting to go back.  I can tell you that the attraction of this boulder isn't the comfy holds...the thing is kinda painful! BUT...it is worth it!  Still psyched!

video still...bad quality

And now I am resting...again...because the weather looks like this...again...



It looks like conditions might be alright on Sunday.  Hopefully things work out so I can make my way back to Rocktown for round 3 of attempts...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brad, Katie and I met you, Hayley and Rocco down in So Ill a few weeks ago. We were the ones staying with Chris and Sarah. We'll be down that way next week. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steve. Hope all is well! I'm sure I'll see you around.

    ReplyDelete