Friday, January 29, 2010

Southern Slang...

Over the last week I have been working with Jimmy Webb, Brion Voges and Brant Hawkins from Projekt Media on a little video about bouldering in the southeast.  Not only was I fortunate enough to spend the majority of my week climbing outside, I was able to visit a new area and do a couple of new problems. First up was a brilliant problem called Lord of the Dance V11 on the Riverdance boulder.  Lord of the Dance is a low start to the well known Riverdance V8/9 and climbs out a roof on amazing pinches and edges into Riverdance.  I was able to do this quickly and Brant was there to get some footage.  Jimmy also put on quite the show by quickly dispatching Power Patch Low V11 and repeating Western Gold V11 first go! Ridiculous really...

The next day we went to an area I hadn't been to yet just outside of Chattanooga.  The setting was amazing and the boulders were sick!  I managed to do Babe V8,  Voges and I did the classic Damn Yankees V9, and I was able to do the f.a. of Southern Slang V11 with Jimmy and Brion doing it right afterwards for the 2nd and 3rd.


Damn Yankees V9


Kevin Todd on Southern Slang last year


Right now I'm hanging out in GA waiting for the weather to turn good again.  Who knows how long this snow and rain is going to last for...

No comments:

Post a Comment