Sunday, February 15, 2009

Brushin' Boulders

So for the past week or so I've pretty much lived at the gym.  The weather in Salt Lake hasn't turned for the better yet and I haven't been able to make it south, so the gym is the best alternative.  I'm super motivated to get in really good shape for when the weather finally does decide to cooperate.  Right now I'm dying to get out to LCC for a session.  I've made the trip up there a few times over the last week or two and I always come out with the same result...wet boulders from the melting snow.  So what is my remedy?  Take a trip up to LCC to brush off all the snow.  Today I drove up the canyon with Rocco and I proceeded to get WORKED while brushing off the boulders.  I was surprised to find Copperhead V10 fairly dry.  I couldn't help but try a few times.  Turns out it was a bad call because I shredded my right index finger.  Damn problem is SHARP!  That's what I get for climbing with moist fingers (from brushing off all the snow).   The brushing mission seems to be working too...I made my way back to the first couple of boulders at the end of the day and the slush was already melting...hopefully that means that  I'll be able to have a good session tomorrow.  I'll keep ya posted....

2 comments:

  1. It snowed today, sorry man. Be careful...spring storms can really mess with your motivation, especially when putting in so much effort with sweeping/shovelling snow. Don't be too afraid, it will help with the overall thaw, and make things happen a bit quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's what I kinda figured....i went out again yesterday and things were really melting fast.

    ReplyDelete